Thursday, January 5, 2012



I love the cute food that always appears around Christmas, so last week I tried my hand at making some party appetizers. I usually refuse to use new recipes but these turned out so well I just might be hooked! The peanut butter Hershey's kiss cookies (a random recipe from a web search) turned out picture perfect. The ham roll-ups (a slice of ham, pickle, and cream cheese) I copied from a cookie party I attended. And the eggs...I started with 18 farm fresh eggs, which, for the record, is the wrong way to start hard-boiled eggs. They are next to impossible to peel--it's better to use eggs that have sat in the fridge for a couple weeks. That minor detail aside, I looked for a recipe with a little "kick" since deviled eggs can be somewhat bland. This recipe was a.w.e.s.o.m.e! My little sister tried one, and as her beautiful blue eyes widened in disbelief, she gasped, "I don't even like deviled eggs, but these are amazing!" The secret ingredient was horseradish sauce.
The other secret ingredient? Food always tastes better when it is shared with friends!



No comments: